Hand-Built Pottery: An Ongoing Inspiring Adventure
Thursday, November 9, 2023 (6:00 PM - 8:30 PM) (EST)
* Weekly Subscription-Based Hand-Building Pottery Classes * Meets every Thursday starting September 21st *
This subscription-based hand-building class is where you will be able to build your skills and create personalized projects at your own convenience. This workshop series is designed for those who may still consider themselves beginners but are ready to take their skills to the next level and is also suited for intermediate or advanced-level artists. With a flexible enrollment system, you can join and withdraw from the class at your convenience, and have access to all class materials and equipment during your enrollment period. Each class will focus on a different goal that you set for yourself. You will have the opportunity to work on projects that suit your interests and skill level, with guidance and support from the instructor to help you achieve your goals in this small class setting.
You'll be part of a community of like-minded artists, and you'll have the opportunity to collaborate and share ideas with others in the class. With regular practice and support from your instructor, you'll be amazed at how much progress you can make over time. This class meets for 2 1/2 hours once a week and includes access to all the equipment and materials you need to create your projects. Whether you're looking to build your skills as a hobbyist or as a professional artist, Inspiring Adventures will help you take your skills to the next level. Join us to see where your creativity can take you!
- Join anytime there is an open spot!
- Ages 14 and up
Monthly Techniques and Themes:
- September - Slab Building - Autumn
- October - Coil - Autumn
- November - Pinch - Giving
- December - Folded Projects - Revisiting Slabs - Winter
- January - Attachments - handles, badges, feet, embellishments, etc. - Functional ware
- February - Sculptural
- March - TBD
- Individualized small-group instruction
- Beginner to intermediate hand-building personalized experiences
- Focus on specific techniques and themes each month
- Your choice of stoneware clay
- Two firings (bisque and glaze)
- Choice of underglaze and glaze finishes
- Completed food-safe pieces
- Additional open studio practice time